Maxx Williams, TE, University of Minnesota
- Looks the ball into his hands.
- Shown he can catch anything that comes his way.
- Adjusts body to bad throws and bails out QB
- Can block just as well as pass catch.
- High upside, hasn’t reached his full talent.
- Can force the defense to focus on him.
- In a weak class of TEs, he can propel himself in the first round.
- Comes from a family of former NFL’ers.
- Hasn’t had a chance to show full body of work as a TE.
- Route running is just…..EW at points.
- Drops the occasional pass.
Pro Comparison: Greg Olsen. Like Olsen, Williams can become a QBs best friend and favorite target once he refines his skill set to the NFL. Although Maxx may not have the same rapping ability as Olsen, his abilities translate well to that of Olsen. Once Maxx gets in a real offense in which he can be used with an NFL QB, he may become one of the premier all around, do everything tight ends in the NFL. His run blocking and highlight reel catches puts him in first round consideration.
Grade: Late 1st.
Just in case you forgot…..